Monday 27 August 2012

I'll Do It My Way: The Incredible Journey of Aamir Khan

If you pick this book with the hope that you can understand the life of Aamir Khan then you are wrong. It is NOT his biography, it is his filmography. And if you are a Aamir fan or a Bollywood fan - or even a movie freak and you tell me that you haven't read this book yet - I'll be extremely surprised.

A journey with Aamir and his directors and producers starting from 'qayamat se qayamat tak' till 'Jaane thu ya jaane na' as a father's son, an assistant, an actor, a producer, a director is all that covered in the book. There is so much to be read and understood between the lines. The book is mostly a collection of every detail about the movies and the interviews regarding the same which came in newspaper (though not exactly that is the feeling you get when you read it). But it has only the success stories and great praises about Aamir regarding hiss roles undertaken by various people. 


Personally i feel there is so much missing in it and so much more to be added. But as a tribute to a great actor, a public figure - the book has done its justice. But if you need reality and the other side of the coin - well you can't find it here. 'I'll Do It My Way'- definitely not my way.

score: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment