Monday 20 August 2012

A next door fairy tale (part 15 - final)

Part 1 || Part 2 || Part3 || Part 4 || Part 5 || Part 6 || Part 7 || Part 8 || Part 9 || Part 10 || Part 11 || Part 12 || Part 13 || Part 14


And I went home really happy. He stayed at my place that night. The next day morning I showed my parents the ring and they were extremely shocked. They started shouting. They said they can never accept a Hindu guy. I was shocked to the core. I never expected my parents would say anything of that sort and especially to Karthik. I thought they already knew that we were in love but my parents said that they didn't think so. They said that they thought we were close because we were always together and we knew each other very well. And they said that we weren't that close for the past 5 - 6 years too. they never saw what happened in the airport too so they had no chance of knowing what was going on between us. We realized it only then that no love story is smooth, not even ours. 

Mom and dad called aunt and uncle and even they came. The whole house looked like someone was dead. Everyone was shouting at high pitch from every direction. My mom was crying, Aunt was scolding Karthik. I was just looking at the entire drama which went on for around an hour. Then I lost patience. I got up and shouted "Karthik come on lets go and get married these people would never stop I guess" and that was when I got my second slap from him. He said me to shut up and sit for sometime. The he took one by one alone - first aunt then mom then uncle and dad together. He spoke for around 5 hours. It went on and on like an endless tale. I was extremely quiet and was sitting in one corner. Slowly reality started sinking in. I started thinking how my life would be without Karthik. i couldn't think even one episode without him. He was so entwined in my life that if it meant me it always meant him too. I didn't know what to do if our parents didn't accept. Karthik was right, we could never leave them and go but I could never leave him for them too. I then decided that I would wait for them to accept. Maybe weeks, months or years. I thought I would wait because I knew Karthik would for me. 

And exactly that moment Karthik came along with my dad and uncle. He was quiet and so were everyone else. Then  all four (except Karthik and me) started talking. After say 5 minutes everyone started laughing. We (me and Karthik) couldn't understand anything at all. 
Dad:You thought only you are capable of playing pranks you drama queen, so can we :)
Karthik: What the hell? You made me talk and convince you people for 5 hours and you are telling me it is a drama?
Uncle: We wanted to know how much you meant for each other. We wanted to know if you guys were really serious about life or just playful.
Mom: We always wanted you both to be for each other. We would be more than happy if the bond was between you both. But we never saw you both talking after you left for your engineering. So we thought it was over and started looking a guy for her. Now when you people said you are engaged it was a shock to us. We wanted to know if you were really honest and really meant a lot for each other
And it was aunt who came and hugged us then and said congrats. :)

Today (Feb 3rd) we got married. It is the most special day in our life. We feel like we have accomplished something but we also know that the real story is yet to come. We still have a whole life to live.
And to all VTV fans we want to say that it is not necessary to create great love stories by parting the lovers, a epic love story can be created by living for each other forever too :) "

Dedicated to every Karthik and Jessie in this world :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment