Sunday 26 August 2012

348 of 620 (Part 1)



It was around 9.30AM and I was still on my bed in deep sleep. I was a guy, just like everyone else who slept till 11.00AM in the morning and thanks to my college schedule I could still follow it after so many years. I heard a small beep from my mobile. Usually such a small sound could never wake me up (Though I was a very happy and easy go jolly person surrounded by friends all the time, recent incidents and past memories had made me feel the emptiness in my heart and thus getting sleep itself was a biggest achievement for me, needless to say how hard it would be to wake me up during those rare times. My friends used to go on calling "Vikas get up get up" but that never happens to get me up ) except if it was from THE one person. My mind and her mobile number had such a unbelievable special bond.

My day started with the text
Hater: wru?

I was totally shocked when I saw that text and I knew what it really meant too though I hoped it would mean something else. I got up then and checked her schedule. There were so many questions running inside my mind then.
Where would she be? Might be in college? But our class starts by 11:30 and it is too early for her to be in college. Was there any last minute change in the her schedule? I searched my mails if there was any and I couldn't find anything. 

So I replied her: In room. wru?
Hater: col
Me: In Class?
Hater: No. In col mess.

I could understand what she was thinking even without her telling it allowed and the fact was she liked that a lot in me but if i questioned her or teased her telling her thoughts, she would deny it blankly with her trademark smile.

But when I saw those texts from her, I was totally confused. I couldn't understand what she was expecting from me then. The girl who usually never texts me till I do, asked me about my whereabouts and also said me where she was. Her inner voice within me asked me to come to college. I didn't know if she really meant the same and I didn't know if I should ask her too. But in the end I DID ask her.
Me: Shall I come there?
There was no reply from her. So I understood the answer is yes and I started to college to see her. 
Me: Ok I'm getting ready. Will be there in 5 mins.
Again no reply but that is her. She would always give some simple clues or hints and it was my duty to understand it right. The only thing she expected from me (or anyone) was that understanding. If people got it right, she would be the closest person to them and I knew it well.

To be honest, even after so many years with her, I still could never start a conversation with her and I was still little laid back in asking her something. Many thought that maybe it was due to her character (strong girl she was) but the fact was that I couldn't when I looked into her eyes. There was something in it that stopped me and made me a kitten.

Around 10.15AM I reached college and searched for her in the mess but couldn't find her. Thought she must have gone somewhere else and text-ed her.
Me: wru?
I knew very well that she would understand that I was in college with that simple text.

No comments:

Post a Comment