Thursday 16 August 2012

A next door fairy tale (part 8)

Part 1 || Part 2 || Part3 || Part 4 || Part 5 || Part 6 || Part 7 || Part 9


Days went by, my school started. I started concentrating more on shuttle and dance and yeah studies too. I had made a promise and I had to keep that whether I liked it or not. I worked hard - as much as I could. But I never spoke with him. He had called me many times, he even created a mail id for me to keep in touch with me. Dad taught me how to use it but I rarely did use it. Sometimes I used to sign in only to see 10 - 15 mails from him and I would reply back to all in just one mail in just one or 2 sentences. I got many new friends and my life was completely busy and different without him. I hardly missed him except for very few moments when I would see a Splendor somewhere or listen to our favorite song (megamaai vanthu pogiraen from thullatha manamum thullum - the first movie both our families went for in Chennai) or our favorite movie (Kushi because the starting of that movie would be a little similar to our story and we both were Vijay fans). 

The year was over, I managed to get into shuttle districts and also managed to score 86 % with first mark in English and Math. My parents were happy and I hope Karthik was too but I never bothered to talk to him or tell him. But he surely must have known. He had stopped mailing me or trying to contact me by any other means. So I didn't know anything about him then. Years went by and my life changed completely. My 11th and 12th grades were over. I managed a decent 90% in 12th grade and I joined a college in Chennai itself. I forgot Karthik's episode in my life itself.

My 1st year was fun and I had many friends who worshiped me. I became a very independent girl and I loved my college life and those subjects a lot. I was known for my guts in my college and everyone knew me be it the seniors or super seniors or security or faculty. Life was fun and there was no reason to turn back. 

One day during my semester holidays, I was cleaning my room and I noticed a small cute looking scrap book. It was written as Karthik Weds Jessie on its cover. I couldn't remember who Karthik was initially. But then my heart skipped a beat when I opened it and tears started rolling down.  Karthik had made a 200 pages book with all the beautiful moments between us right from the day he knew that I was to be born. There were many pictures and quotes and stories. There were chocolate wrappers we shared together, ribbons and rose petals that he got me, picture and many more little stuffs we shared. I couldn't even believe that I forgot Karthik completely and threw him off my life just because he was living his dreams and he tried to live his ambition. I hated myself for what I did to him. I had no idea if he would remember me or not. It had been 3 whole years since I spoke with him. I didn't know whether there was someone else in his life. But I started missing him really bad. I wanted to see him - at least to apologize. He deserved that much and a lot more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment