Sunday 13 February 2022

A miracle for a change

 This was something I wrote in the year 2013 and posted it in my writing.com account. Out of blue when I was searching for writing prompts I came across this list of sites which are available for fellow author connects and that’s when the name ‘writing.com’ sparked something in my mind.

Well, I have definitely came across this a long back and maybe just maybe I also have an account in there. I tried to login with my usual username and password and Yes! I was able to login. 

I was going through my portfolio and most of the content in there were from here - it did make me feel nostalgic but also made me think how innocent and silly I was back then.

With a smile as I was scrolling on and that’s when I saw a post with this title. I didn’t even remember writing it and I felt this must have been a prompt response. So as a logical step to bring everything to one place, I am posting it in here as well.

“ Miracles happen every day and we usually don't recognise them. But yesterday was the day which made me think and act differently. Can one small gesture, word or act change our complete perspective about something? Something which we had assumed and followed for years? My answer would have been 'no' if someone asked me this 2 days back but that incident which happened on Jan 9th makes me say 'yes'.

My day started with orphanage visit (just like every other Wednesday) and I saw a girl who was studying with a book in her hand. This was not new because I have seen kids in orphanages studying amidst of distractions with little or no help. But the book that kid had made me think - 'financial accounting', the subject I loathed in my 1st year. I always felt it is the hardest subject in this world but she was skipping pages really fast completely engrossed in it. I went near her and asked what she was studying. She said she was a BBA student. I was shocked by that reply. 

The surrounding she was in, the distractions, lack of proper food, money and clothing - the atmosphere was so de-motivating and painful. I asked her how she was managing to study given her situation. She just smiled and replied me 'love is the answer for every question in this world'. It was a very simple sentence from a small girl which would or would not make sense, but the meaning it conveyed me changed my perspective of life. 

She loved that subject, someone loved to pay for her, someone loved to teach her, someone loved to spend time with her, and all this happens because people love to have better society and country. And this 'love' could be the answer for every single question in this world. This realization is the miracle I felt that changed my perspective of life.“

No comments:

Post a Comment