Tuesday 16 October 2012

348 of 620 (part 7 - final)

                                                  Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3 || Part 4 || Part 5 || Part 6


I left her in her house and went back to mine thinking. I was a boy born in some remote village who lost my dad at the age of 6 and mom at the age of 15. I was the youngest in the family and my 3 brothers and 2 sisters took care of me. They gave up their education to buy me food and cloths. I was a kabbadi player. It meant more than my life to me but I had to give it up because it was spoiling my studies and I was in a position where in I could not continue my studies if I missed the rank holder scholarship  I wanted to become a doctor. I wanted to help my siblings so I gave up my game - my first loss.

When I was 17 and completed my 12th I understood that it would take minimum 9 years to start earning if I took up doctor as my profession and my family was not in the position to wait that long. And moreover there was the fee which had to be paid. I gave up my career dream - my second loss.

After 3 years Bsc and working in the local school, I then got the chance to do my Msc and M.phil and it was during my M.phil days I saw her, saw my hater - the third loss.

And today on Sep 5th 2020, 20 years since that magic day happened, I'm one of the well known lecturer in the government college in Chennai blessed with an amazing wife and 2 cute kids but still the memories of that 348th day in those 620 days of my M.Phil life keep coming back to me, and even now after her marriage with her guy (the same idiot whom she loved) 18 years before, she still calls me to talk to my wife (but not me). I miss her voice, I miss her presence. Now I feel I could have had her at-least as a friend forever as she said. But fate played its game.

 And THAT day is and will continue to be the most beautiful day of my life.


2 comments:

  1. Konjam sogam dhan... still the story can't end anyother way... :):) So romantic...!!! And Touching...!!

    ReplyDelete